Bora Bora

Hello!

I have something a little different today. As most of my followers know I don't usually do layouts. When I first saw Graphic 45's Tropical Travelogue paper I knew this was what I had been waiting for to do some projects for the pics from our Tahiti trip a couple of years ago.



The colors in this paper line are just amazing - so bright! The blues are the perfect match for the waters of the South Pacific. It's one of the most amazing paper lines I've ever seen!


For my title, I stamped Bora Bora on the blue paper with Close to My Heart's Whimsy Caps stamp set. I highlighted them with a white gel pen. I then used the my Epiphany Crafts Round 25 Shape Studio tool to give them some dimension.


I did a little fussy cutting to add these flowers from another sheet of paper in this collection. I also trimmed the border from another sheet to use as a border on my layout. That's another fun thing about Graphic 45's paper-there are so many elements that just beg to be trimmed out and used as an embellishment.



I used one of the tags in the paper pad for my journaling. I created a pocket behind the large picture on the layout for my journaling card. It give the layout a little extra element (and it hides my atrocious handwriting!).



I decided the layout needed something else so I cut a dress form using my Tim Holtz Sewing Room die. I covered the top half with a scrap of paper and inked the bottom with Tim Holtz Ripe Persimmon seasonal distress ink. I actually used that ink all over this layout. It's such a bright orange and it goes beautifully with this paper. I threaded together a flower lei using small Prima flowers and then hand cut a grass skirt.




Supplies:

Graphic 45 Tropical Travelogue 12x12 and 8x8 paper pads
Tim Holtz Ripe Persimmon Seasonal Distress Ink
Epiphany Crafts Round 25 Shape Studio
Prima Flowers
Bazzill Cardstock
Pop dots

Comments

Popular Posts