July 4th Popped Up Snow Globe

I just love the Doodlebug DIY Snow Globe. I have quite a little stash of them in my craft room because I have so many ideas! One idea was to use the clear Doodlebug Acetate to pop things up inside the snow globe. Hometown USA is the perfect collection for this!

First I cut a 4 1/2" circle out of silver glitter cardstock with my Cricut. Then I cut a 3 3/4" circle with the Cricut from the 6x6 firework paper. I cut three 1/4" wide strips of heavyweight acetate. 

I lined the acetate strips up over the firework cardstock. I used the cardstock to determine where to bend them first so they were the right width. I then bent them a second time for the height. I varied the height on each strip. 


I attached the strips to the back of the cardstock with Scor Tape. I used my powder tool to get the sticky off the back of the large pieces on the July 4th Doodle Pop and then added a small strip of tape to the back and adhered it to my middle strip. I added the stars around it and finally glued two small acetate fireworks from the Bits and Pieces on the upper and lower acetate strips. 

I poured my silver shaker balls and Land That I Love shaker mix into the base of the snow snow globe. I then added the back. 

I added a strip of the plaid cardstock from the 6x6 pad to the front of the base and one of the word stickers from the This and That sticker sheet on foam squares. I finished it off with some red polka dot ribbon around the outside. 



  YouTube     Facebook      Instagram


DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED

Doodlebug DIY Snow Globe

July 4th Doodle Pop

Hometown USA This and That Sticker Sheet

Hometown USA Bits and Pieces

Hometown USA 6x6 Paper Collection

Doodlebug Clear Heavy Acetate

Shakers Silver Balls

Shakers Land That I Love


Other Supplies

Silver Glitter Cardstock

Comments

Popular Posts