Ahhh.....Retail Therapy....

I live in a small town in Southeast Georgia. We moved here a year ago from Colorado Springs. I didn't like Colorado...other than camping and shopping. I had two great local scrap stores, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joann's and Archivers. The only thing I ever bought online was Cricut cartridges.

Then we moved.

I like Georgia. I love being 15 minutes from the beach, the weather is great, and the people are very nice. But there is NOWHERE to shop! There is a very small Michaels that is always understocked and that's it. Michaels is good for basics like adhesive and plain cardstock but that's about all.

Jacksonville, Florida is an hour south of us and there is a Joann's and Hobby Lobby but they don't carry the good stuff. Stuff like Graphic 45, Bo Bunny, Cosmo Cricket. All the stuff I love. There is one sad local store I found when we first moved here but she has nothing new. Ever.

So when I saw there was a scrapbook show in Jacksonville this weekend I was so happy I wanted to do cartwheels! I knew it would be nothing like Scrapbook USA back home in Salt Lake - there is no other show like that - but with my need to shop and nowhere to fulfill that need....I was raring to go! AND I found a brand new store in Jacksonville - The Enchanted Scrapbook. They just opened about 2 months ago and the store is AWESOME. Perfectly laid out, great product and tons of it. I can't wait to go back.

But here is my haul..... (Not the E2 and Imagine obviously)


Yay shopping! And this is really a fairly small pile for me for a scrap show. Of course it's not Scrapbook USA (Which was this weekend....and I'm no longer close enough to drive to it). The last time I went to that show I filled two tote bags 4 TIMES. Literally - my friend and I had to make 3 trips to the car to unload the overstuffed tote bags and drop off all the other stuff we were carrying. You don't even want to know how much I spent - actually not that much really, most of the scrap vendors are based in Utah so there are killer deals at that show. Anyway...enough lamenting....back to the good stuff!

Great paper from October Afternoon - Rocket Age - and the new Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium paper. Also a Bo Bunny Blitzen pad and some retro embellishments.


Halloween  paper and some random paper from The Paper Loft.


More Graphic 45 and some more boxs and a giant bottle of Mod Podge. I was scraping the bottom of the bottle to finish my haunted house the other night. And more pop dots because I seem to be going through those like crazy lately.


And some Close to My Heart stamps and idea book. My Close to My Heart Art Philosphy Cricut cartridge will be here in a week or so. YAY!


Overall, not a bad day shopping.

Now...off to play some of the new stuff!

Comments

Amy E said…
Oh FUN!!!! I'm glad you got to shop a little!! It looks like you got some awesome stuff!!

Amy E.
scrapthissavethat.blogspot.com

Popular Posts