Some Holiday Dress Forms

Good morning!

Just wanted to quickly share some holiday dress forms I made for a swap on the Cricut Message Board.

These were made using the Tim Holtz Sewing Room die. Rather than attach these dress forms to tags, the forms are left by themselves for addition to a scrapbook page or for use as Christmas tags.

The first dress form was for our Christmas group.


To make the dress I used the dress image from Nifty Fifties.  The dress is sized to be the correct width to fit the dress form. I did trim about 1/2" out of the middle to adjust the lenght of the dress. The dress form base was colored gold using a Krylon Gold Leaf pen.


I added some pearls to the top of the dress form and some small green tinsel pipe cleaner around the waist.

My second dress form was for our Vintage Christmas group.


For this I used the same dress from Nifty Fifties. In this case I didn't trim the 1/2" out of the middle because I wanted this dress to be longer. I added Sparkle Fluff to the white areas on the dress for some dimension.


The dress form was colored using my silver Krylon Leaf pen.

My last dress form was for our Ugly Christmas Sweater group. This was the one I was most excited to do yet had the hardest time coming up with something for.


For this dress I used the dress from Gypsy Wanderings, one of the cartridges pre-loaded on the Cricut Gypsy. The sweater is from Everyday Paper Dolls, hand trimmed down to fit the dress form. I printed and cut the dress and "sweater" using the Cricut Imagine and the Snow Angel cartridges.


I colored the dress form with the silver leafing pen again.  On this dress from I made the dress more 360, intending this to be an ornament. The sweater and dress are continued on the back and and I added a ribbon to the top for hanging. I embossed just the skirt portion of the dress and sanded it to bring the white through.

Comments

Popular Posts