Birthday Girl Button Card

Hi!

Here is the second of my birthday cards. For this one I wanted to make a card for a child that gave them a little something. The center of the flower is a button that can be removed from the card and worn on their birthday!


To make the button I printed a graphic from Lettering Delights Cupcake Flair Toppers set. I sized it to about 1.15" and printed them. I then used the i-Top punch for 28mm brads to cut out the graphic. I then used the i-Top with the button pieces to make the buttons for the cards.



To attach the button to the front of the card I had to get a little creative. The flower I chose for the card from the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge has a hole in the center of the flower.


I took a small piece of paper and added two little spots of glue on the back of the flower.


I then attached the strip of paper, making sure it had a slight bubble in the middle that would stick out of the middle of the flower.



Then I just attached my button to the strip and then adhered the flower to the card.



Inside is just a little spot to write a note, decorated with some stamps from Close to My Heart Good Times stamp set.



Supplies:

i-Top tool and 28mm buttons
Lettering Delights Graphic
Cricut - Create a Critter, Plantin Schoolbook
Close to My Heart - Happy Birthday stamp, Good Times stamp
DCWV Spring Glitter stack
My Minds Eye Wild Asparagus
Close to My Heart Key Lime ink
Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink
American Crafts Chestnut Ink

Comments

Carolyn/MamaC said…
Oh, my goodness! This is just adorable! How creative you are! Thank you for the detail instructions for making the sweet button!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Popular Posts