Autumn Greetings

Happy Thursday!

This week at A Jillian Vance Design we are making projects using the new Charming Holidays Stamp Set. I decided to make a fun treat you could make for a friend or neighbor.


For the container I used the Bushel Basket from SVG Cuts Caramel Apple Pie kit. This is super fast to put together. I used Jillian's {die}lightfully Charming Circle Die for the tag and tied it to the top of my bag with some Cappucino baker's twine from The Twinery.


I stamped the little leaf from my tag around the basket and colored the leaves with Copics. I used my Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher on the bands of the basket as an extra design element.


And doesn't that popcorn look good? That is Mother Goose Popcorn - my Mom used to make this for us when I was a kid for school treats and I thought it would be perfect to fill my basket. The recipe is below...


Mother Goose Popcorn:


2 C sugar
1 C water
3 Tbsp. Butter
1 Tsp. Vanilla
Red food coloring 
Dash of Salt

6 Quarts Popcorn (3/4 cup unpopped), unpopped kernals removed

Cook sugar, water and butter until 230 (soft ball) on candy thermometer. Add coloring and vanilla. Pour over 6 quarts popcorn and stir to coat. Spread on wax paper or parchment until cool and set. Break up and enjoy! 

I colored mine orange to go with my fall theme. My Mom used to make it green for St. Patrick's Day, so you can use your imagination and make it whatever color you want!

Supplies:
A Jillian Vance Design Charming Holidays Stamp Set
A Jillian Vance Design {die}lightfully Charming Circle Die
SVG Cuts Caramel Apple Pie SVG Kit
Tim Holtz Broken Twigs Distress Ink
Brown Staz-On Ink
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher


Comments

Popular Posts