"Punny" Birthday Cards

August is almost over!

August is a busy month around here. Both my sisters, one brother-in-law, and my mother all have birthdays in August. My parents' anniversary is in August as well. This year I was late getting cards out to (most) of them, but it's the thought that counts, right? So lets take a look!

Sister #1 - Sending Birthday Fishes


I love shaker cards. They're so fun to make! For this I used the fish bowl and fishes from Create-a-Critter. Once again, I'm putting the writing function to work for the sentiment.


The sand in the bottom is embossed with beach sand embossing powder I bought years ago a Joann's. I don't know if the even make it anymore - it really does have a real sand look to it.

Sister #2 - A Tweet Birthday


So this is my Etch-A-Sketch card. I've been meaning to make this for quite a while. I used the little bird from Birthday Bash and set him to write instead of cut. The Cricut then sketches the image. You can do this with pretty much anything you can cut with the Cricut.


I layered several circles on top of each other and then used pop dots to give the knobs a real look.


And, of course, my silly pun inside.

Brother-in-law Birthday


Ok, this is one of the silliest cards I've done. Just a little background - my brother-in-law owns a burger joint. Seriously. So of course he needs a burger card. The burger is from Block Party. I removed the cut lines for the sesame seeds so I had more room to write the sentiment. I welded a square onto the shadow layers to make my card base.


Supplies:

Cardstock: Bazzill
Cricut Cardridges (Digital of course!): Create-a-Critter, Birthday Bash, Block Party



Comments

Popular Posts