It's World Card Making Day!

Happy World Card Making Day!

I had a couple of hours while the toddler napped to get a card or two finished. And I'm attaching one of them to a couple of other Disney projects I did a few months back, before I got my Explore. Toddler is in bed, I'm watching the Nationals games, and finally getting around to posting them!

First - my card today. I decided to do a Disney box card and used the new Print then Cut feature available with Cricut Explore and Design Space. I used the basic box card found in SVG Cuts Box Cards Kit


I've said before that Print then Cut is what sold me on the Explore. And the Mickey and Friends cartridge is why. When I first got a Cricut the two Mickey cartridges were some of the first I bought. I had no idea they were also some of the most challenging to piece. They're so detailed that the smaller you size your characters the harder the little pieces are to put together. The Mickey below is about 2 1/2" high. I probably could piece him together but print and cut makes him perfect!


Check out how great Minnie is! And no, those aren't white lines around her like you get with the Silhouette Cameo, that is the light coming from behind.


This little Mickey? 3/4" of and inch high. Impossible without Print then Cut.


And of course, the coolest thing about box cards is they fold flat! This is on its way to my 4 year old nephew who made it nine laps in his school walk-a-thon on Friday. Go Max!


For comparison - here is a Mickey I cut for my son's bedroom door. This Mickey is 11" high.


Because he's so big he was super simple to put together.


And he has balloons!


And finally, I have two shaped Disney cards I did for my nephews' birthdays back in May. They're both about 6" high which is the ideal size for most of the Disney characters if you are paper piecing them. 






Thanks for stopping by! I have a super simple Print then Cut project coming a day or two so make sure you check back!

Supplies:

Box Card Kit - SVG Cuts
Cardstock - Bazzill
Embossing Folders - Cuttlebug, Darice (Buttons)
Bakers Twine - The Twinery

Comments

Popular Posts