Camping Themed Mini Shape Album





Here it is! I'd had the idea for this floating around in my head since I first got Design Studio, shortly after I got my first Cricut. At the time the only camping related cartridge available was Camp Out which I found to be severely lacking. I had played with it a little in design studio and finally gave up. When Camping Critters was released the idea popped back into my head. Of course now I design everything using my Gypsy. It turned out better than I could have ever imagined... 




I started on the Gypsy with a block from George and Basic Shapes and sized a square to 1 1/2" wide and 5 1/2" high and welded the shadow for the porcupine to it to form the first page.


 His little marshmallow is covered in white puff paint and heated then lightly brushed with Tim Holtz Vintage Photo Distress Ink to give it a "toasty" look
 
Back of first page and front of second page

 
Compass is cut at 3/4"


 
For the second page I sized the same square to 4" and welded the shadow for the campfire from Create a Critter to it.


Glossy accents added to the chocolate layer


 
Back of second page and front of third page



 Third page block is sized to 5 1/2" and the camper shadow is reversed and welded.
 I added a hidden element on this because the little camper was bigger than I thought it would be.
 It flips up to reveal a journaling spot and place for a picture.

 
Back of third page and front of Fourth. Fourth page the block is sized to 7" and the shadow for the bear peeking around the tree is welded to it.

 Same flip element on the back of the trailer. Door was removed so it would not cut by hiding contours on the Gypsy.




 Front of fourth page. I love this bear!



 Back of fourth page and front of last page.


 I thought the "eyes" on Bigfoot were kind of creepy so I cut him some sunglasses from Create a Critter.

They're cut about as small as you can go, something like 1/2"



 Behind the trees is another hidden element - A pocket for more pics or other mementos.



 Last page of album. Fifth page the block is sized to 8" and the shadow for the lake background is welded. I embossed the lake with one of the folders from the Plum Blossoms embossing set. I turned it so the koi would not show, just the swirls in the water. These were then accented with glossy accents.




 Back of the album.



 The album fully assembled using Mr. Campy ribbon on the binder rings.




Supplies:

Cricut: George & Basic Shapes, Campin' Critters, Create a Critter

Paper: Cosmo Cricket "Mr. Campy", misc colored cardstock from Archivers

Embellishments: Cosmo Cricket "Mr. Campy" cardstock stickers and rub-ons, Stickles, white puff paint

Ink: CTMH and Tim Holtz Distress

Adhesive: Xyron Sticker Maker, Xyron 510, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive

Misc: CTMH stamps, Cuttlebug embossing folders, EK Success punch, Bo Bunny chipboard pieces

Comments

Lisa said…
I love this! You did a great job and there is so much work in this mini. Too cute.
Blue6366 said…
Oh my this is absolutely fabulous!!! I love the way that your album turned out. Such wonderful attention to detail and awesome execution......
Sara Andrews said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara Andrews said…
This iis absolutely adorable!!

I just love all the critters from this cart.

Great job!
Anonymous said…
this is totally adorable! i love it!
Liz said…
what a great job...i have this cartridge and may have to scraplift a few pages!
jennabelle said…
Found your site via google search. Have this cart and the papers....NOW I am inspired! My book will be the camper shape. Beautiful book! And I agree...Big Foot has some really odd eyes! Spot ON with the puffy paint for the marshmallow - I must scrap lift this idea! I often use scribbles fabric paint for chocolate myself - wanted to share that. Thanks for sharing your talent! :)

Popular Posts