A Simple Journal

Hello!

I have a quick, easy project for your today. I was part of a secret sister swap on the Cricut message board and decided to make a journal for my secret sister in her colors.


This was a journal I found at a local bookstore. I pulled apart the binding and took the covers off to cover them. I lightly inked the front with Red Brick Distress Ink and inked the edges with Black Soot.


The monogram in the center is done with Elegant Edges and Songbird. I cut the back of the frame from both black cardstock and Tim Holtz Grunge Board. **A tip: If using Grunge Board in the Cricut be sure and use your deep cut blade....I learned the hard way!


The Grunge Board gave the monogram a little more strength. I then used pop dots to give the layers some dimension.


Supplies:

Journal
Tim Holtz Grunge Board
Tim Holtz Red Brick and Black Soot Distress Ink
Black Stickles
Paper: Recollections, Bo Bunny
Cartridges: Songbird, Elegant Edges

Comments

CraftyOldBat said…
Thanks for the tip about the deep cut blade!!
Carolyn/MamaC said…
Stunning! Great work!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Popular Posts