A Fall Wedding Gift and Card

Good morning!

A couple of weeks ago my sister got married. We weren't able to make it home to Utah so I put together a personalized gift to send her way.


The leaves with the acorns are from Art Nouveau. The branch is from Cindy Loo. The font is Quarter Note which is a great classic cursive font.


I cut extra leaves for the vine to give it some more fall colors.


One of the other really cool features of Design Space is the Canvas option. I was able to find a canvas that was a frame with spots for 3 5"x7" pictures. That helped me lay out my project and have a good idea what the final product would look like.



My card is from SVG Cuts Autumn Box Cards kit. This is actually a little tricky to put together. For one I had to watch Mary's assembly video - yet another reason why I'm so happy that I can finally use my SVG Cuts files on my Cricut!





The paper I used for this is from Close To My Heart. I have tons of their paper from way back. This paper was the Twitterpated paper pack.


On the back I used the bronze Cricut marker in the pen holder on the Explore to write our message. This font is All Mixed Up which is one of the many fonts in Design Space that has a writing style. If a font has a writing style it is designed to be written with a pen. The other fonts will draw the outline, much like it would look if you cut it. In fact, anything available in Design space can be drawn with a pen actually which is cool for embossing (which I haven't tried yet).


Supplies:
Cricut Design Studio - Quarter Note font, Art Nouveau and Cindy Loo cartridge images
Cardstock (Frame) - Bazzill
Cardstock (Card) - Close To My Heart Twitterpated
SVG Cuts Autumn Box Card Kit
Bling - Recollections
Frame - Ikea

Comments

Popular Posts