My 1st Trip - A Disney Character Autograph Book

Hi there!

I've been hard at work the last couple of weeks on a special project. We are getting ready to take my son on his first trip to Walt Disney World. We're actually going for a couple of reasons. My husband just retired from 20 years of active duty service in the Air Force. And it's also my 40th birthday. Lots of stuff to celebrate!


I've made a number of these books over the years for several friends. They've all been slightly different, other than the front cover. I like this design and I've stuck with it through numerous versions of this book.


This is the first book that I've cut and pieced the embellishments. Normally I cut one or two pieces, generally the Mickey icons, and then supplement the rest with stickers whatnot. I also made this book significantly bigger than my previous books. Normally the Mickey shape is about 5.5" so that I can get more than one on a sheet of chipboard. This time I cut it at 8", partially to make it easier for a character to hold and so that I can more easily add pictures after the trip.


This is also the most pages I've done. I normally cap them at about 6-7 pages. This one ballooned to 12.


Of course we start with Mickey's page.


I love the little Mickey icons on the Mickey and Friends cartridge.



And Minnie. I didn't do any princess pages for this album, which of course I'm now second guessing. My son LOVES Sofia the First on Disney Jr and there is a chance to "meet" her at Hollywood Studios.





This is probably one of my favorite pages. It's the first time I've cut anything from the Disney/Pixar Toy Story cartridge.


The detail for these elements is great.



And I love how this cartridge has these simplified versions of the characters.



Can't forget Pooh and Tigger. Or as my son is calling him right now, Pooh-Pooh Bear.


I used some elements from the Disney Classics cartridge for the Jake and the Neverland Pirates pages,


And I finished it off with a couple of generic pages.




Finally, just a glimpse into what I went through putting this together. 42 cutting mats. Seriously. It took about 4 1/2 hours to cut and assemble all the elements. It takes longer to cut the bases out of chipboard, then again out of the patterned paper and then cover. But it's totally worth it!





Comments

Popular Posts