How to Make Custom Shakers Using Doodlebug Cut Files

I'm sure by now you have all figured out how much I love to make shakers! Whether I'm using them on a card, layout, or mini album I just love the interactive element they add. Today I have three shakers I made using the Doodlebug cut files available in Lori Whitlock's shop. I used files from three different collections. I have a full recorded tutorial on how to manipulate the files in Cricut Design Space linked below.




First up is a fairly simple shaker using the Rainbow with Clouds from Fairy Garden. For this shaker I just used the cloud pieces for the shaker and filled them with Lily White Shaker Balls. This is a very basic shaker and not hard to make. 



For my second shaker I stepped it up a bit and used the Winter Mountains from Snow Much Fun. For this shaker I used the main mountains to make to separate shakers and then layered them together to complete the overall shaker. I used Ice Crystals and Flurry Shaker fill. This is a very dimensional piece and would be great in a mini album. 



And my last shaker I used the Cola image from Hello Again. For this shaker I made mini shakers out of some of the ice cubes inside the larger cola shaker. This one was a little bit trickier with the ice cube shakers inside, and the gap at the top of the cup between the lid and the "cola". The finished product is really fun and would be great as a card or on a layout.



Full video tutorial can be found here.  

Fairy Garden Rainbow with Clouds SVG

Snow Much Fun Winter Mountains SVG

Hello Again Soda SVG


DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED

Lily White Shakers
Bon Bon Shakers
Ice Crystals Shakers
Flurry Shakers
Lily White Glitter Sprinkles
Fairy Garden Coordinating Solids
Snow Much Fun Coordinating Solids
Hello Again Coordinating Solids
6x6 Gingham Linen Petite Prints
6x6 Plaid Polka Dot Petite Prints. 

Other Supplies
1/8" Foam Tape
Acetate



Comments

Popular Posts