Teachers and Grads

Happy Thursday!

This week at A Jillian Vance Design we are doing a mini-release of the new Teacher Treats and Con{GRAD}ulations stamp sets.


For my first project I created a little treat box for a teacher.


I made a basic box from a 12x12 sheet of cardstock. Finished size is 4x4 square. The back piece is 4" wide and 10" high. I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink. I used CTMH cardstock for the box and Graphic 45 An ABC Primer for the decoration on the box.


I mounted the ruler paper on black cardstock and used pop dots to give it some dimension when attaching it to the box. I did the same for the sentiment on the front.


The stamped sentiment is from the new Teacher Treats stamp set that is being released tomorrow!




For my second project I made a diamond fold card using the Con{Grad}ulations stamp set. I thought that the top of the card would work perfectly for graduation cap.


I used white embossing powder to add the sentiments to the card.


The tassel is attached to the card using a brad from the Echo Park Happy Days collection.


And how about that tassel? Photo tutorial below.....


I started by wrapping Charcoal bakers twine from the Twinery around a fork. (See that awesome twine holder? My husband made that for me - for much less that they sell for. If you are interested send me an email-he's willing to make more for a very reasonable price!)


I then wrapped more twine around the top to create the tassel. 




I threaded some twine through one of the needles from my Sew Easy and threaded it through the top portion of the tassel.


Clip the ends of the twine to create the tassel.



And there you have it!


Supplies:

A Jillian Vance Design Con{GRAD}ulations stamp set and Teacher Treats stamp set
Close To My Heart Cardstock
Graphic 45 An ABC Primer Paper
Bazzill Cardstock
The Twinery Charcoal Bakers Twine
Echo Park Happy Days Brads
Zing! White embossing powder
Adhesive - Xyron

Comments

Carolyn/MamaC said…
Jennifer, your projects are truly stunning! The treat box is absolutely beautiful! Love how you created the ruler. Thanks for the tassel tutorial!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
Linda said…
Great projects. Love the tassel on the cap! I'm sure whoever receives them will ove them!

Linda
http://www.craftingwithnana.blogspot.com

Popular Posts