Fabulous Feathers

Happy Thursday!

Back again with another design team project for A Jillian Vance Design!  This week I'm working with the Peacock Feathers stamp set. The feathers on this set are so delicate and fun to work with!


For this project I decided to use a resist technique to highlight the feathers and make them stand out. I stamped the feathers on the tag with Tim Holtz Distress Embossing ink. I then embossed them with some Stampendous clear powder that has a little shimmer to it. My ribbon at the top of the card is some seam binding that I colored with some purple, green and blue Glimmer Mist.


After giving the tag a few minutes to cool off, I used my blending too and the three inks in the Tim Holtz Spring Seasonal Distress Inks to color the tag. The ink won't stick to the embossed areas which is why this technique is so fun.


For the title, I stamped the sentiment first with the Shaded Lilac Distress Ink then stamped it again with the Peacock Feathers Distress Ink. That gives the sentiment a kind of shadow effect. This only works with stamps that have a chunkier line to them. You also need to stamp the lighter shade first then the darker shade on top. I added some pearls randomly on the tag to finish it off.


Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you come back next week - I have an AWESOME picnic project for you!

Supplies:
A Jillian Vance Design Peacock Feathers Stamp Set
Tim Holtz Spring Seasonal Distress Inks: Peacock Feathers, Squeezed Lemonade, Shaded Lilac
Tim Holtz Distress Embossing Ink
Stampendous  Iridescent Embossing Powder
Recollections & Hero Arts Bling



Comments

Popular Posts