Time for a BBQ!

Happy Thursday!

This week at A Jillian Vance Design I am working with the Pleas{ANT} Picnic stamp set. I decided to make a child's favor box and cupcake for a family BBQ. (And that cute silverware caddy is one of my projects from last summer and can be found here)



Let's start with the cupcake (and all ignore my lazy frosting job - Hey! They taste really good!). I used Jillian's {die}licious Flag Banner die and the Everyday Flags stamp set for the base of my flag. I added one of the ants from the small ant border in the Pleas{ANT} Picnic stamp set.


For the box I used an SVG file from SVG Attic (her site has since been shut down).


I cut the base for the box out of kraft cardstock. The pickets are cut from Bazzill Swiss Dots paper and inked with Fired Brick Distress Ink. The base itself is inked with Brushed Olive Distress Ink. I used the smaller ant border underneath the pickets and on the bottom of each layer. The pickets are all attached with pop dots. I wrapped some Maraschino bakers twine from The Twinery around the box to give it some color. The watermelon stamp is part of the Pleas{ANT} Picnic stamp set. I stamped it with black Staz-On ink and then colored it with my Copics before cutting it out. He is attached with pop dots as well.


I made a tiny pinwheel as a decoration to add a little more height and dimension to the box.


On the ends of the box are more ants and one of the sentiments from the stamp set.


Inside the box we have a wacky straw water bottlel, snap pops, some glow glasses and a couple of fruit snacks.


For the little liner on the bottom of the box I used Cranberry Close to My Heart ink and the checkered border stamp from the Pleas{ANT} Picnic stamp set. I repeated the border over and over to get that fun picnic tablecloth look. I then inked the edges and lightly over the entire piece with the Fired Brick Distress Ink.




And there you have it! The whole box took about 10 minutes to put together so it wouldn't be hard to make several of these for a party.

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to check back next week for another fun project!

Supplies:
A Jillian Vance Design Pleas{ANT} Picnic Stamp Set
A Jillian Vance Design Everyday Flags Stamp Set
A Jillian Vance Design {die}licious Flag Banner
Tim Holtz Distress Ink: Fired Brick, Brushed Olive
Close to My Heart Ink: Cranberry
The Twinery: Maraschino Twine
Copic Markers


Comments

Popular Posts