Sitch and Sew


Hello!

So this is my final August project. My mom just added sewing room on to her house so for her birthday I made her a little sewing shadow box. This was seriously so much fun to make! And the best part was....she didn't realize I made it. She thought I found it in a store somewhere. Best. Compliment. EVER!



This is just a 6" x 6" shadow box from Michaels. The spools inside are little wooden ones from the kids craft area at Michaels and then I wrapped them with washi tape and adhered them to the back of the box with black foam tape.


Initally, I just had the lettering with black vinyl but it just didn't have the right feel. I debated about changing it out for another color but decided to try etching it instead. If it didn't work I'd just go get another shadow box. I've never etched anything before so this was a whole new experience for me. It was SO easy!


See what I mean about it lacking something with just vinyl?


The etched look was so much better!





Comments

Popular Posts