"Plane" Birthday Fun

Hey there!

I'm on a roll this week - Post #3! Actually, there are two birthdays in my family at the beginning of February so I'm usually in card mode right about now. And with the addition of Nick I'm now making double the cards. Good thing I had some awesome inspiration!

Here is my double-sided Print and Cut birthday card!


A HUGE shout-out to Jin at Under A Cherry Tree for the inspiration and tutorial on how to make this awesomeness happen. It never occurred to me that it was possible. It's actually not as hard as it sounds. I'm not going to try and explain it here....just go check out Jin's card for a full tutorial.





I did this card as the card for my husband from our little boy. I actually put his hand print inside after I took the pictures. For the plane I used a cut file from the Silhouette Store that I filled in with patterns to use the Print and Cut feature. That gave me the ability to paper piece the card to give it some dimension but it could still have been cute to have done it entirely as one piece.





Supplies:

Cardstock: Recollections
Images and Patterns: Silhouette Store





Comments

Jin Yong said…
Jennifer! Your card is so cute! I think that adding your son's handprint is a very nice touch. Happy Birthday to your husband! :)

Popular Posts