Why I Get Nothing Done....A Christmas Ode To My Scrap Room



T’was two weeks before Christmas and all thru the house
The cats both lay dozing, ignoring their toy mouse
The decorations are up, all but the tree
Because travel we must - home to Salt Lake City

My husband was locked in his workshop outside
Assembling a toy plane he would soon learn to fly
And I on the couch, my laptop turned on
Wasting time on Pinterest, instead of getting something done

In my craft room down the hall there is such a mess
I do not dare enter for I fear all the stress
There are projects not started and others need finishing
All as my time for shipping is diminishing

Piles of paper lie on the floor
From sales on Black Friday, and online and more
Cricut cartridges are piled over there
And I keep rolling over glitter with my chair

Scraps and leftovers from design team projects
Hey! What are those unidentifiable objects?
And on my sewing table, oh what a fright!
Aren’t those projects there from Halloween night?

And let’s not forget all the fun things I bought
With projects in mind that once I left the store I forgot
Enough Tim Holtz adornments to open a store
And paper from Graphic 45, Imaginisce, Bo Bunny and more

And to make matters worse I have a brand new machine
A Sizzix eClips to add to the scene
Of pure and utter chaos in my little room
Beside my three Cricuts…Surely I’m doomed!

I sit and I wonder would anyone notice
If they got a store bought card this year
Or no card at all
Am I really that hopeless?

So I take a deep breath, and I let out a sigh
And tell myself to make this mess go bye-bye
There are projects to do and fun things to make
And blog posts to write and cookies to bake

And if I should fail, this much I know
Off to Target in search of gift cards I go….




Comments

OCCricut said…
PRICELESS!!!! You're NOT alone!!!
Carolyn/MamaC said…
Oh, how I can relate! What a wonderful way to express your holiday feelings!! :0)
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com
Amy E said…
This is AWESOME!!!!!!
Janice said…
Love it!! It is almost like you were in my world when you wrote this!! Time is ticking away for this Christmas and I am about to admit defeat and go with the gift cards!!
chris said…
I am So glad I'm not alone! THis is Perfect! lol!
Ladybug said…
Absolutely PRICELESS! And here I thought I was "all alone" in all of my mess! LOL TFS!!!! :-)
Cheri said…
So Very True!!!
Shared with with my hubby so he finally could see it's not just me, Oh I so love your post!
Faye said…
The poem made me smile as I too, share the same. It certainly is more fun to craft than be domestic. Happy Holidays!
Anonymous said…
I love your post!! It sounds so much like me! Merry Christmas!!

Popular Posts