Just A Note

Happy Thursday!

This week for A Jillian Vance Design I'm back to playing with the Zipper {die}vice. I just can't get over how fun this die is! I went for a simple project again this week. I made a postcard style card that opens to reveal a personal note.


I cut my paper so that my bottom layer was 4x6 and the top layer is 3 1/2 x 5 3/4. I ran the top layer through my Cuttlebug with the Zipper Die about an inch from the top.


Using a ruler and craft knife, I then cut a slit from the bottom of the die to 1/2" from the bottom of the layer. Do this on both sides.


Score along the bottom of the card from one cut line to the other, then stamp the front of the card.


I laid my top layer next to the bottom layer to help in positioning the sentiment that I'm stamping on the inside. Then, write your note, keeping in mind the amount of space that will show when the card is opened.


Run a thin strip of glue around the outside edge of the top layer, then a strip above the zipper.


Once it's all assembled, this is what the recipient will see when they open the card.


See how the bottom folds down to show your note? Pretty cool!


Supplies:
A Jillian Vance Design Zipper {die}vice
A Jillian Vance Design The Universal Zipper Stamp Set
Cardstock: My Minds Eye Asparagus



Comments

Popular Posts