CCI Week #13 - Black Hat Society

Hello!

I picked up an extra day this week over at Creative Critterz Imaginations. Our theme this week was to use the traditional Halloween colors of black, orange, green and purple. I decided to make my version of a little sign I saw in Savannah over the weekend with my sister.


For the coloring on the lettering, the hat, and the orange background I used custom colors on the Imagine. I laid out my project in Cricut Craft Room and then printed and cut my pieces. Overall (not including drying time) it took me about 10 minutes to lay out and cut.


This is done on a small wood plaque from the dollar store. It's about 6"x 9". I painted it black and then inked the edges of all my cut pieces with Tim Holtz Black Soot Distress Ink. I used normal glue to attach everything to the plaque. I then lightly inked over the whole think with silver ink. I then sealed the whole thing with Mod Podge.



After the Mod Podge dried I added a little silver Stickles to the letters to give the plaque some sparkle.

And on a totally unrelated note....can you tell I got a new camera? I love my other camera but it's a little point and shoot sports camera. Great outside but not so much inside, even in really strong light. I took these pics in absolutely horrible light inside and barely did anything to then in Photoshop and they look SO much better! Yay!

Comments

Popular Posts