CCI Week #13 - Round 2! A Halloween Wreath

Happy Halloween!

This week I did two projects for the design team over at Creative Critterz Imaginations. My first project can be found here. This will also be my last Halloween project this year so I decided to make another decoration - a (surprisingly) quick Halloween wreath.


I started with an 11" foam wreath and covered it with black satin ribbon. You could use any Halloween color really. I would suggest buying wider ribbon. This took 17 yards to cover using 1/2" wide ribbon. (What was I thinking? 1/2" wide? Duh!) To adhere the ribbon I used Fabric-Tac adhesive. It's a little bit easier to use than hot glue when working with something you need to press down on. It also bonds to pretty much anything which is awesome!

I laid out all my parts in Cricut Craft Room. To save on ink, I cut all the black parts from black cardstock. It's easy to forget that the Imagine will just cut, you don't always have to print too.


Here are the two pages I cut using black cardstock. The one on the right I actually cut from Coredinations purple core black cardstock. When I assembled the tree I lightly sanded the top layer - but it doesn't really want to show up in the pics. Trust me - it looks pretty cool in person! And the color on the screens? The orange tree was just from my copying it from the previous layer to keep the sizing exact. Since I'm just cutting and not printing it doens't matter what color it is.


I layered all the pieces and accented some of them with Stickles. I then attached them to the wreath using Fabri-Tac.







And now Halloween needs to be over. Why? Because I have candy waiting in the front hall for trick or treaters and I can't seem to walk anywhere in my house without detouring for a Twix (or Skittles, or Baby Ruth). It's an addiction.....And I have a couple of Christmas projects in the works that I refuse to post until at LEAST November 1st!

Happy Haunting!

Comments

Popular Posts