Birthday Card - Floating Balloons

This is the first of my August birthday cards. This card is for my sister, Ashley. Both my sisters are younger than me and Ashley is the middle sister.


(I apologize for the quality of the pictures on this and the other card posts to come - I was under a time crunch and didn't have time to take better pics!)


I started by welding two squares from George and Basic Shapes together to form the card base. I then sized another square to form the opening in the card. After much playing and manipulating I sized the bird, fence and balloons to fit. I also added two panels to cover the thread that makes the balloons "float". Those did not line up quite right so I did have to trim them to make them fit. (Hey, not every project comes together perfectly!) The panels were cut from a piece of patterened paper I printed with the Cricut Imagine.





This style of card was inspired by Kimberly over at My Craft Spot. Go check out her blog, she has some really great projects!

Supply list:

CTMH Happy Birthday and Good Times stamp sets
DCWV Dots and Stripes mat stack
Tim Holtz Antique Linen Distress Ink

Comments

Donna Lee said…
Very cute! I love the floating balloons.

Popular Posts