Birthday Card for my awesome Mom

Here is my final birthday card for August.

I realize I skipped one birthday. (Sorry Bill!) BUT - I completely spaced taking pictures of his card. It was just a very basic card-which is probably why I forgot to take pics. I was totally stuck on ideas for his card and just went very basic. (What I'm getting at is-you aren't missing anything).

For my Mom's card I skipped the Cricut entirely and just used some of the amazingly cute papers in the new Cosmo Cricket Odds and Ends line. When I first saw this paper I thought of my Mom and knew I had to buy this paper for her birthday card. When I was little she used to sew all the time and I remember spending hours looking at patterns. This paper reminded me of that and I had to buy it.



This is a fairly simple card. I cut three of the little girl images and mounted them on a card base cut from another paper in the paper pack. I added some bakers twine to the top of the card and made a little puff ball from the twine for the front of the card.




Inside I printed the sentiment on the computer and hand trimmed it. I added a scrap from the card base to the inside to tie it all together.



Supply list:

Cosmo Cricket "Odds and Ends" Collage Kit
Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Ink
Bakers Twine

Comments

Carolyn/MamaC said…
What a beautiful vintage card! Everything is just gorgeous!
Carolyn
http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

Popular Posts