Books Are "Tweet"! CCI Design Team Week #3

Happy Friday!
On the Creative Critterz Imaginations blog this week our theme is back to school bookmarks. I am an avid reader so I really enjoyed this project.
Here are our supplies for this project:
Here is my bookmark.
I started out by sizing my apple and the book stack from Wrap It up so that they would be approximately 2" wide. I did the same with the school bird from 3 Birds on Parade. I found a rectangle on Fabulous Finds and sized it to my desired width. All images were flood filled with patterns or the color palette from Enjoy the Seasons for the Imagine.
Sizing the rectangle to the correct width did make the rectangle a little long but I trimmed it to the size I wanted once I had my bottom images attached.
I cut two of my rectangle so that I would have a back for the bookmark and also to help strenghten it.
 I wanted to add an element that would make this bookmark stay put. To accomplish this I added a flap to the back of the bookmark. In this flap and on the back of the bookmark are small magnets.

I cut the shadow of the bird two times and sandwiched the first magnet between them.
I attached the second magnet to the back of the bookmark. I scored the bird and attached it to the back of the bird to create the flap that will slip over the top of a page.


When using the bookmark it will "cling" to the page and not be easily pulled out of the book by mistake.
Supplies:
Two sheets white 12x12 American Crafts cardstock
Basic Grey magnetic disks
Tim Holtz Frayed Burlap Distress Ink

Comments

Jen R said…
This is such a great bookmark. Thanks for the tip with the magnet!
Jen
myimagitivity.blogspot.com

Popular Posts