Tim Holtz Dress Form Tag - Round #3!

And to top off a very productive weekend here is my third tag for the Tim Holtz dress form tag swap over on the Cricut message board. This is for my TV/Movie/Famous Person group.

Marge Simpson!!!!

I LOVE The Simpsons. I have seen every episode and can quote from almost all of them (totally letting my inner geek loose here....). My sister, Samantha, and I drove my mother crazy through most of a vacation once pointing out how every thing we did had happened on The Simpsons. I'm so happy this tag worked out close to what I had in my head!

For the dress form and Marge's dress I printed paper using the Cricut Imagine and the RGB codes for both her dress and the Simpsons yellow skin. I found the RBG codes using Color Cop. It's a free, downloadable program and really comes in handy when using the Imagine to print and cut custom colored layers-very helpful with the Disney cartridges.
The television, show title, and Maggie's pacifier were all downloaded from the internet and sized, printed and cut using my Silhouette SD. This is actually my first project where I have used the Silhouette. I am a total  Cricut devotee but the Silhouette isn't a bad machine. It's great for things like this because you can use any JPEG file in the Silhouette Studio program. There is a new version of that program coming out in the fall that will be compatible with SVG files as well. I never did understand the need to hack the Cricut with SCAL and MTC, and I own the Silhouette because you can use those kinds of files and those programs with it, without violating any copyrights. I don't use it very often because it doesn't have the size capacity of the Cricut, but it is a handy machine to have.

 The donut is one of the new dimensional elements from Jolee's. They are kind of a hard resin and really cute!
On the back of the tag I once again used the Silhouette for the family picture to make the pocket and to cut and color an outline of Marge's big, blue hair.

Other Supplies:
CTMH Whimsy Caps stamp set
Recollections bling and dotted paper
Quick Quotes Powder Puff Ink-Midnight



Comments

Cee's Creations said…
This is soo cute! I like your ideas.

Popular Posts